The Nutrition and Health course by Woods & Co Education provides an in-depth overview into nutrition, vitamins and food absorption.
The course covers topics such as:
• An introduction to nutrition
• The role nutrition plays in maintaining good health
• The digestive system and the process of absorption
• The energy value of foods, such as carbohydrates and fats
• Proteins in growth and repair
• The important role that vitamins and minerals play in overall health
• How cooking and food processing can affect nutritional value
• The importance of a balanced diet
• Recommended daily intakes of nutrients, including vitamins and minerals
• Assessing nutritional status and needs
• The timing of meals
• Catering to special groups such as athletes, pregnant women, and the elderly who have unique nutritional requirements
By the end of the course, students will have the necessary understanding about how nutrition affects every aspect of life for a wide demographic of people, ranging from athletes, the general population, pregnant women, the elderly and more.
© Copyright 2022 Woods & Co All rights reserved.
Terms Of Service